PHP stands for Hypertext Preprocessor and is the most popular programming language in the world. It is a server-side scripting language that over 80% of the whole internet runs on. It lets you create excellent, feature-rich websites and web apps. The language has been around almost as long as the web and has been updated and honed to perfection over the years.
PHP is perfect for building smart business applications
PHP lets experienced developers create dynamic business applications in quick time. Dynamic apps can be updated and modified very quickly, and don’t require many resources to maintain. They are scalable - they grow as the business does - and can be accessed on a variety of platforms, including phones, tablets, and desktop PCs. If the development team is experienced enough, they can use frameworks like Laravel to shave off development time by as much as 40%.
Laravel: An advanced PHP framework
Frameworks are libraries of code that you can use in your project. They save development time and costs, and also give a blueprint for a new project to follow, which can reduce errors. Laravel is very popular because it is a low barrier-to-entry framework, has many useful functions and features, and includes automated testing.
Here are some of the top capabilities of the framework:
- It lets you build advanced authorization, authentication, and validation systems to keep security on the app airtight.
- With mail service integration, you can send notifications to users after important events occur in the app.
- Laravel supports cache backends like Redis and Memcached, which lets you build lightning-quick applications.
- Laravel is very secure and has inherent protections against hacking techniques like SQL injections and cross-site scripting.
- With a logging feature and exceptional error handling, users can troubleshoot errors quickly.
- Laravel is an MVC framework, separating business logic from presentation code, which allows you to make cosmetic changes (upgrades) to your app (or website) painlessly.
These benefits are only applicable if the development team you’re using is proficient with the framework. You can further reduce costs and save on project development times by hiring an experienced team of PHP developers to extend your in-house team, or you can outsource the project entirely.